Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Swim/Bike/Run for Fun

On Saturday I wrote this.  A little pity party I was having for myself.  Well, a couple days later and not much has changed.  Yesterday I was miserable.  I was in one of those moods where at any other time, a run (or bike or swim) would have made me feel better.  But I couldn't do it.  The things I used to go to for stress relief have become stressful.  They have become chores.

Tomorrow I have a 3.5 hour bike.  Most people (who like to bike) would be stoked if they could ride 3 hours on a Tuesday morning.  I should be stoked.  My friend Lindsay agreed to ride with me for part of it.  A bike ride with a friend should be exciting!  I shouldn't be dreading it.  But I am.  I'm worried about my tired legs.  I'm worried it will be cold.  Worried it will rain.....blah blah blah.

I know this is to be expected.  People get tired.  Training becomes a chore.  I'm going to try my best to change my attitude about this ride.  I'm going to focus on the good.


  • I am able to ride my bike when most people are working.  
  • I have the physical ability to ride my bike 3.5 hours.  
  • I have a friend to ride with.  
  • There is only a 30% chance of rain.  
  • This is my last long ride until Boise.
  • It's a chance for an adventure!


2 comments:

  1. I was having this attitude for a while toward running. Just takes that mind shift. I GET to do a long run today. How lucky that we CAN run, ride, swim. :) Love watching your training. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm also thinking about changing up my routes. Running around the neighborhood gets old after awhile.

      Delete