Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

11 weeks to go

I haven't been writing much recently.  No time, no energy, nothing of any importance to write about.  Then this morning I realized I have 11 weeks until Boise.  I started thinking about how unprepared I'm feeling. Then I went back to my blog posts from last year.  It made me feel better knowing I had the same fears last year.  SO....I decided I'd start writing again.  Not because there is anything exciting to say, but so I will be able to look back next year.

Up until this week, my training has been pretty good. I've missed some days here and there, but overall I've been pretty consistent (compared to last year).  My swims have definitely been lacking.  I've started to do yoga and Pilates one a week and swimming has taken the hit.  I will get back into it soon....I hope.

My running has improved over last year.  I've been doing speed workouts once a week. I think they are really helping.  I'm also enjoying my long runs more.  Hopefully this is a good sign for Portland.

I'm feeling OK on my bike.  So far all my "rides" have been on the trainer.  I guess it's to be expected in Seattle, in March.  Hopefully I will get outside soon.

I'm already stressing about Spring Break.  I'm going to Phoenix with the kids. Super excited to be in the warm sun and spend the days by the pool, but with Brian working all day, I won't have much time to do any training.  I'm hoping I can get in a couple runs.

After Spring Break I'll have 7 weeks.  Plenty of time....right??

Here's how the week went-

Swim-0
Bike- 61 miles
Run- 11 miles (once I do my 7 miles this morning)


No comments:

Post a Comment