Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summertime!

After suffering through winter in Seattle, I'm trying my hardest to enjoy the summer.

So far, it has been AWESOME!  I think the kids are at a perfect age for summer fun.  They are old enough to do stuff, but not so old that they don't want to be with me.  My goal for summer was to have the kids doing enough stuff so they weren't bored, but not so much that we were rushing around all day.  I can't say I got it right.  There are a couple days each week that are crazy busy.  We have camp, Tball, gymnastics, and swimming.   It's a lot for me.  The kids don't seem to have any problems with it.

I'm already getting sad about summer ending.  I know we still have a lot of time left.  It just seems to be moving so fast.  Maybe it's because we have already done so much.  I don't know.  I'm going to try to stop looking ahead and just enjoy today.

We have 5 weeks of summer vacation left.  That is a lot of time to get in some more summer memories.  I have a trip to Whistler, a new puppy, and one more race.

Speaking of that race....Since June 8th, I have been on my bike maybe twice, ran a handful of times and swam once.  The race is August 18th.  I'm telling myself not to expect much. But I know I'll be pissed if I don't beat my time from last year.  Funny how much I expect when I have put NOTHING in.

All in all, I have enjoyed having a summer off from training.  I'm hoping not to repeat it next year, but I've liked having the whole summer for family things.  Not trying to fit family things around my training.  I didn't realize how much I needed a break.

That said, I'm going to get my races on the schedule for next season.  A break is nice, but I'm ready to get back at it.


5 comments:

  1. So glad you've been able to enjoy your summer!! That's awesome. A break is always a good thing too - refocus and get ready to tackle the next big race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to get some races on the calendar for next year :)

      Delete
  2. It's so hard not to dwell on "only x many days/weeks left". Lets plan some rides and swims together if we can...you know, before the race sneaks up on us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've really been enjoying the summer. It does seem to have flown by though!

    ReplyDelete