Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Not the End of the World

I had big plans to crush this last week of serious training. Here's what my week has looked like:

Monday-off (missed a 2500 swim)
Tuesday-off
Wednesday-31 mile bike
Thursday-off (missed 2100 swim/1 hour bike)

Not sure that constitutes crushing it. I'm not sure that even counts as training.  I was beating myself up about it last night and this morning.  Then I realized it's ok.  My body/mind needed a rest.   I needed to spend a day playing with my kids and not trying to fit in the gym.   Or that's what I'm telling myself.

I know 2 missed days will not ruin my race.  I have 10 more training days.  I'm going to do my best to get them all in, and that's all I can do.  Looking back isn't going to help.

This should be a fortune cookie.
The race is 16 days away.  I have my biggest training day yet, on Saturday.  3.5 hour bike/6 mile run.  I'm terrified, but excited.  I'm exhausted, but I know I can do it.


2 comments:

  1. Wow it's coming up fast! So exciting! You are right missing 2 days isn't a big deal. It may even help your body recover:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be okay - you are going to do great in your race. I beat myself up too if I miss a workout or two. Sometimes recovery days are worth more than the workout. Good luck in your race and can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete