Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

5 Weeks to go-Nothing Left

I had to count that a couple of times.  How can it only be 5 weeks away?!?!  34 days, to be exact.  CRAZY!

Last night, after I put Pnut and Little Dude to bed, I grabbed a glass of wine and my book, and I climbed in bed myself.  I was completely exhausted.  I had nothing left.  It was an amazing feeling. The feeling that I had given everything I had to the week.


I gave my 100%, and it felt great.  

Here are the numbers:

Swam-4100 yards
Biked- 64 miles
Ran- 15 miles

A couple weeks ago, I was telling Erika that I was afraid of the pain of training.  She told me to embrace the pain and get comfortable being uncomfortable.  It sounds crazy, but I got it this week. I knew a 9 mile run, the day after a 43 mile bike (with almost no sleep) was going to hurt.  I made myself ok with the hurt.  I'm hoping that will continue for the next 34 days.  

This week is a pretty bike heavy week. Little Dude is getting his tonsils out tomorrow, so I will more than likely be limited to the trainer.  I will do what I can, but won't beat myself up about missed workouts.  There are more important things to take care of this week.



4 comments:

  1. Wow! So impressive! Hope the tonsil surgery goes okay. Poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Hope Little Dude has a fast recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! And so glad you're feeling good about your training - you're awesome!
    Keep focused. I know this week will be tough, but know that it's temporary and you'll be ok (and R will be ok too!)
    Good luck today -

    ReplyDelete