Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Fabulous Friday

Happy Friday!!  I'm not sure why, but I woke up this morning feeling like a new person.  I can't put my finger on what it is exactly, but I feel good.  It's getting close to fall (although it doesn't feel like it in the Pacific Northwest).  Fall is like my New Year.  I don't know why, but I always feel like things are starting new in the fall.  I love it!!

Last night I decided to register for the Danskin Sprint Tri.  It's Sunday.  I've never decided to do a race so spur of the moment.  I know I can finish but I'm a little nervous since I haven't trained AT ALL.  Brian made a joke that I'm the Allen Iverson of racing.  No practice, just racing :)  I am hoping it gets my head back in the racing/training game.

I did the Danskin in 2005.  I think it was my second triathlon.  It was a lot of fun.  I looked up my finish time last night.  1:30:28.  I am pretty impressed.  I remember training hard for this, 7 years ago.  Not sure how this weekends time is going to compare.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in beating my 30 year old self :)

In other news, I'm anxiously waiting for Pnut's CT results.  Hoping to hear today and hoping they can figure out what is going on in her sinuses and fix it!

Have you ever registered for a race last minute?

Do you call the doctor 100 times a day, asking for test results or is that just me?

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment