Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Loving April

I must say, I am happy to see March in the rear-view mirror.  Good riddance.   It was a rough end to a rough month. The last few days were filled with puke, snot, sore throats and ear infections.  I'm over March.

Hello April!  I'm saying April starts today.  I realize it's the 2nd, but I want to start the month on a high note, and yesterday wasn't that. I can ignore April Fools Day, Right?

Today was awesome.  A rare warm/sunny day in Seattle.  I took the kids to school, went to Target (alone!) then went for a short run.  It was fabulous.  To be outside, running, in the sunshine.  I seriously almost started crying, I was so happy.  I ran 2.16 miles.  Not much, but more than I had done in the last month.  I am on top of the world.  I am going to take it slow so I don't screw up my shin again, but I'm super happy to be back out  there.

I was originally going to write about the conflicted feelings I have about racing this year.  It is April 1st (or 2nd) and I have only registered for 1 race.  I usually have a full calendar by now.  Instead of getting into that now, I'm going to enjoy the sunny feeling I have today, and hope for more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you had such a great start to the month and the week! You deserve it. Here is to many more sunny days ahead!

    ReplyDelete