Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

All Good Things Must End


After a month or so of feeling good running and feeling good about my training, I'm hurt.  I'm so upset.  Not sure exactly what is going on.  Shin splints, stress fractures?  Who knows. All I know is it hurts to walk and I'm angry about it.  I have a doctor's anointment tomorrow.  A doctor I've never been seen before.  I am crossing my fingers for good news but I'm not counting on it.

What have I been up to the last 2 non-running days?  Sulking and eating like crap.  Sure, I could find my suit and go for a swim.  I could put the chocolate chip scone down and grab an apple.  But I'm feeling sorry for myself.  I love to swim but I'm pissed off that I "have to" swim because I can't run.

I'm going to allow myself to wallow for another day.  Well, 22 more hours. Once I see the doctor and find out what's going on, I'll get myself together.  I'm no doctor but I'm guessing the Mercer Island Half is a no go.  As much as I want to run it, I think it would be a bad move. I don't want to make things worse and mess up the whole race season.  I could be getting ahead of myself. I'll wait to see what the doctor says.

Until then, I'm going to curl up on the sofa with Little Dude, read books and eat chocolate covered berries.  It's dark chocolate. That's got to count for something, right?

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that :( I hope you get some news from the doctor that helps you to put a plan in place to heal and figure out what you can do going forward. I'm sure you're beyond frustrated :(
    Yes, dark chocolate solves all!!

    ReplyDelete